Disclaimer: My use of “Cheers” in the title is not advocating the use of alcoholic beverages. But as I type this sentence with one hand, I am raising a glass of ice water with lemon to all of you who work hard at various jobs AND serve as a faithful witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Here is a great definition for Cheer: To infuse life, courage, animation, or hope, into; to inspirit; to solace or comfort.
I hope this blog brings cheer to my bi-vocational friends.
CHEERS to those of you who chose with intention to work and do ministry in Christ’s kingdom. . .
- Blake, thanks for modeling the possibility of teaching high school and pastoring the community.
- Tim, thanks for dispensing healing at the pharmacy and at the pulpit of your church.
- Jamie, thanks for discipling young believers at your church and through coaching in the public schools.
CHEERS to those of you who tried to survive in full-time ministry but have had to work at another job to provide for your family. Your identity has not changed since you were called to ministry. You are still a witness to Christ’s Gospel and you are pioneering a way that many will follow as we approach the end of this age.
- Theo, thanks for being a good husband to your wife, father to your girls and caring about simple communities committed to Jesus.
- Zach, your faithfulness is pleasing to the Father. He sees your work ethic and is blessed.
- The band of comrades in Minnesota, God is watching as you set up thriving businesses and stay committed to the call of God on your lives. We are watching too and know that you will have something to say to many about the marketplace and ministry.
CHEERS to those of you in the marketplace who will take up the mantle of ministry in your workplace. God is raising up a kingdom of priests across the earth. They are men and women who see their primary calling as a witness to the Gospel and their occupation as a means of provision and influence.
- Thank you to the employee who shepherds his people at a Tuesday at noon worship service in the break room at Walmart.
- Thank you to the business men who lead their staff in the work of the business Monday through Thursday and in Discipleship on Fridays.
- Thank you to the missionary who is setting up businesses in China with micro loans and sharing the love of Jesus in the process.
To all my bi-vocational friends: CHEERS!
Receive an infusion of LIFE, COURAGE, ANIMATION and HOPE!