March 6, 2014
“Aslan is on the move. . .
Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more.
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death.
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again!”
I needed the quote above today; not just because this winter has driven me stir crazy! I needed that quote because of the fresh reminder that Jesus is on the move! He is not idle and He is not frustrated. The marks on His hands and feet still mean that his once and for all sacrifice has been made so that we no longer must pay the penalty for our sins. The strength that is still in His right arm commands angels as His messengers. Christ’s plan is still on track and His sovereignty is unquestionable. He will make the Bride (Church) radiant and will make all things new on this earth. One day soon He will bare His teeth and shake His mane and winter (suffering) will cease and spring (a brand new age) will come. We get to be on the move with Him!
So far 2014 has confirmed our decision to give ourselves to the Malachi Network full time. I’d love to share just some of the highlights of the last two months:
- I had the privilege of preaching to two of our house churches in MO and KS (there were 80 people there!).
- I laid hands on 4 precious young men asking Jesus to ordain them for kingdom ministry.
- We hosted a 3 day retreat with the Weeks family (MN missionaries in NC) and then the Bruno family (MN missionaries heading to Jordan) in our home and engaged the presence of Jesus together.
- We hosted a day retreat for the leadership of our MN church in Bridgeton, NJ as well as the leadership of the South Jersey House of Prayer.
- We hosted a 3 day retreat with Malachi Network leaders to brainstorm future plans for training young leaders.
- I traveled to Uganda to provide pastoral care to the Shehee family (MN missionaries). They were in a tragic car accident and lost their beautiful Lydia Rose at 5 weeks old.
- The Lord blessed our fund raising campaign for the Shehees. We were able to raise almost $90,000 through GiveForward.org.
- Tania and I traveled to Vermont to share our love with Zach and Meghan Stevenson (MN missionaries and our children) during the sadness of a miscarriage.
- So far this year we have processed two new applicants for our network.
- We have continued to share Christ in our simple church expression at our home each Sunday morning.
Jesus is on the move and we get to join Him! Would you prayerfully consider giving to our growing network of missionaries and church planters? Your generous gift would be very much appreciated. You can give online at http://www.malachinetwork.org. You can also send your gift to: The Malachi Network – PO Box 368 – Avalon, NJ 08202. Be sure to identify your gift as “general fund.”
May the Lord bless and protect you as you join Jesus on the move!
In His Amazing Grace,