If you started the year with the best of intentions, but your resolution has been lacking. . .
Here is some insight from the very word itself:
- Resolution is a decision to do or to not do something; it involves resolve, firmness and commitment. Let the JOY of the LORD be your STRENGTH!
- Resolution is the agreed upon decision of an assembly. The Kingdom of God is rooted in interdependence. Even the Trinity models this truth. You can RELY on brothers and sisters. . .all in favor say aye!
- Resolution is the answer to a problem. You can really cast your cares on HIM because He really does care for YOU.
- Resolution in Chemistry is separating something into its components. The HOLY SPIRIT brings clarity and will remind you of what Jesus has taught you.
- Resolution in Music is moving from dissonance to consonance, from what is agitating to what is harmonious. Jesus can bring wholeness to relationships and peace in the storm.
- Resolution in Optics means clarity from pixels. Ask the LORD to give you EYES that SEE.
- Resolution in Medicine is the disappearance of any pathological occurrence. The prayers of righteous people are effective for healing!
- The root of the word resolution is resolvere and it means “to release”. . .Jesus came to set the captives free and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor!
You can stand with Christ and stand with your spiritual family! You can keep your resolution! You have access to the release of all the resources of heaven. This can be a year of RESOLUTION!
About Rich Stevenson
Rich is the Executive Director of The Malachi Network (www.malachinetwork.org), a ministry focused on making the name of the LORD great among the nations. This network serves young leaders in missions and church planting.
Prior to his present ministry, Rich pastored in Southern New Jersey, planted a church in Wilmore, KY, established a network of churches, served as an adjunct professor at Asbury College and was a senior leader at The International House of Prayer in Kansas City, MO as well as The International House of Prayer in Atlanta, GA.
Rich is the author of two books:
Secrets of the Spiritual Life—10 Lessons from the One Thing Passages (Baker Books, 2003)
A Voice from Home—The Words You Long to Hear from Your Father (WaterBrook Press, 2005)
He graduated from Asbury College in 1984 with a BA degree in Philosophy of Religion and Asbury Theological Seminary in 1987 with a Master of Divinity degree. In 2010, Rich received an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Union Biblical Seminary in Yangon, Myanmar.
Rich has been married to Tania since 1982 and they have been blessed by amazing children: Zachary and his wife Meghan, Jacob and his wife Lena, Jessica and Corrie Emma.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
and tagged AVALON BEACH CHURCH
, Bible Study
, God's love
, malachi network
, new year's resolution
, rich stevenson
, simple church
. Bookmark the permalink